Have a LinkedIn Marketing Strategy
Welcome to Episode #8 in our series of 21 Marketing and Sales Challenges of IT/Tech businesses and what to do about them.
Most people in business understand that LinkedIn can be a very powerful tool for growing and developing their business.
It is also widely accepted that successfully using LinkedIn to generate leads and build connections between businesses is vital to the growth and development of any business operating today but how do you properly use the tool?
Additionally, how do you avoid the mistakes made by the thousands of other people on the platform? Read on or watch the video to learn how to create a solid LinkedIn Marketing Strategy that creates leads, clients and sales as well as separating yourself from the “sea of sameness”.
It’s all about me
The majority of business people are on LinkedIn and more often than not they are listing their expertise, their achievements, their CV and so on. This is perfectly fine if you are looking for a job, but this kind of profile isn’t really set up well to connect with other businesses and build relationships.
You miss out on the opportunity
The problem with having your LinkedIn profile centred around your achievements is that you miss out on potential business from people who are looking for suppliers to solve their problems.
By not clearly highlighting how you can help solve the problems faced by your ideal customers, you are missing out on countless business opportunities.
How to build a solid LinkedIn Marketing Strategy
- Have a clear Target Market – which we covered in Challenge #2
- Get clear on their 3 biggest problems – what they are and how you can solve them
- Create “solution” content pieces that solve these 3 problems.
Say for example their problem is they don’t know how to keep up with security software and trends. You could make a white-paper or checklist on things they need to consider and the latest trends in security.
- Change your LinkedIn profile to talk about you solve these problems
- Use Advanced search to find the ideal prospects from Point 1.
- Connect with a fixed number of prospects each week (with a personalised message) based off how many are needed to hit your revenue targets (see challenge #5)
- Thank the prospect/s for the connection and send back a personalised message. This is where your “solution” content piece comes in. Send a message along the lines of “Hi ___ , Thanks for connection, I thought you might find this attached article useful, would love to hear your feedback. Regards ____”
- Track and plan your relationship building activity in a sales CRM. Every time you send them a message or they respond it should be noted so you know where you are in the buying cycle and when you should be sending your next message
Finally, if you are unsure of how to best use LinkedIn for lead generation check out this episode of The Marketing Strategy Show where we discussed the topic with an expert.
Want more help?
If you need more help with creating an effective LinkedIn Strategy that creates leads, clients and sales just us a call on (02) 9125 0520 or contact us and request a call back.
If you don’t have the time to do your own Lead Generation our new Lead Boost program that guarantees to add a fixed number of ideal prospects to your sales pipeline every month for a fixed fee may be the answer. Check it out here.