In a recent interview with Paul Diener (a Print expert and owner of PRD Print) we discussed the importance of print and print marketing as well as 5 facts about printing that you should know and understand. Check them out below:
1. 94% of multi-channel marketing campaigns feature print marketing
Print marketing is undoubtedly one of the fundamental facets of a multi-channel marketing campaign but why?
Simply put, you want to be reaching your ideal client / target audience on the platform that they respond to the most and no form or marketing gets a better response than print marketing.
Some of the top reasons people use print marketing in their marketing campaigns are;
- Print increases online searches
- Consumers are more engaged with the product or service
- It has a high potential for creativity
- There is generally stronger memory recall when comparing physical mail to social media posts or emails
- There is a stronger sense of legitimacy than a regular email (as physical mail can’t be construed as spam and therefore can’t be lost in a sea of emails)
2. 90% of consumers value addressed and non-addressed mail over social media advertising
I believe a lack of trust in the internet and social media sites to provide fair and balanced perspectives has likely led to an overwhelming majority of people valuing addressed mail over social media advertising as there is the perception of authenticity from physical mail.
Some of the core reasons people prefer physical mail are;
- It provides an 100% reach
- Everyone’s physical letterbox has become less cluttered
- A Letterbox is visited/checked everyday
- A letterbox is often visited by more than one person per household/business
- It provides mass one-to-one contact
3. 77% of millennials pay attention to direct mail advertising
This is an extremely important statistic to take into consideration as most businesses and organizations would assume that Social media or email marketing would be the best method of reaching a younger target audience when there is a much better response rate for direct mail advertising with millennials.
48% of millennials ignore their email address inboxes all together. With the information age came an endless supply of information and data for anyone to browse over but with so much information out there how can people tell the difference between the truth and a well put together “fake story.
Trust is a big factor online. You trust that the people and pages you follow will give you relevant and correct information and you trust the companies who’s emails you receive to send you relevant and up to date product information and specials. A statistic that further elevates this in millennials is that 68% of Millennials will open an email if they know the sender.
4. 82% of people recall names from paper whereas only 42% remembered names from email
Easily being able to recall your product, service or organizations name will help immensely with prospects and potential clients and physical mail is no doubt the best way to go for brand recall as almost double the amount of people are able to recall a name for something they’ve read off paper when compared with people reading names off emails.
Another staggering statistic to consider is that people are three times more likely to immediately delete or discard an email than they are with a paper statement. This quite clearly illustrates that people trust and value physical mail much more than emails.
5. 81% of consumers have read addressed or unaddressed mail in the last 7 days in Australia
Further proving the power of physical mail is the fact that over four fifths of the Australian population has read mail in the past week (which far exceeds the reach of any other marketing methods available in Australia.
Another pint that also illustrates peoples preference towards addressed and unaddressed mail is the fact that 77% of the population has read a newspaper, 68% has read magazine and 53% has read a catalogue.
Listen on your Favourite App
The easiest way to listen is to subscribe on iTunes. Reviews on iTunes are the best way for us to get more listeners and spread the word, every review counts so please take a moment to do so!