Facebook Ads are the best way to promote your business online. In fact, Facebook and Google account for 80% of all the advertising spent online today.
When you think of all the traditional methods being newspapers, promotions and mail-outs there are endless areas for you to spend your time with but if you are considering online advertising Facebook and Google are kings.
On this episode of the Marketing Strategy Show we will be discussing the best tips for Facebook Advertising and to discuss this Kym is joined by Angela Ponsford, Partner and Head of Facebook ad strategy at Dotti Media. Check it out here in case you missed it.
Angela Ponsford’s Background
- Started Dotti Media 4 years ago, focusing on Social Media Strategy
- In the last 3 years has shifted its focus solely onto Facebook Advertising
- Before starting Dotti Media Angela was a forensic chemist and she feels there is a lot of similarities in the two areas: both require good analytical skills, looking at data, problem solving in looking at what’s working and what isn’t working
Why do you need Facebook Advertising?
- Generally, most your customers are on Facebook, either on their personal page chatting to friends, or on their business page trying to grow their organization
- Facebook has over 17,000,000 monthly active users in Australia so if you aren’t trying to reach any of them you are cutting yourself off from a massive audience
- Linkedin can be great for building business 2 business relationships but most people are on Facebook more often and at different times of the day
- The primary reason you should be on Facebook is simply because that’s where your customers are.
- Facebook is getting so much smarter, its showing your ads to the right people. If you had asked a year ago what’s the most important part of running Facebook ads was she would’ve said you need to get your targeting right, she doesn’t believe that, it’s simply not true anymore.
- Why you should use Facebook Ads to “buy” the right followers
- A 7 step process for getting started with Facebook ads
- The 5 types of Facebook Ads and when you should use them
- Common mistakes made when using Facebook Advertising
- When to use “Boost a Post” vs an Ad
Listen on your Favourite App
The easiest way to listen is to subscribe on iTunes. Reviews on iTunes are the best way for us to get more listeners and spread the word, every review counts so please take a moment to do so!